Saturday, August 22, 2009

No your eyes aren't tricking you.....

this post is a day late......in my back to school whirlwind....my brain had momentarily failed me.....but never fear....I (thanks to a good friend) have appeared in the virtual world to share this project with you!





I used the Clearly Designed Show Off and punched some holes, I also utilized our cool Intricacies too -- you'll find the 1-2-3 and Stars Intricacies peeking out at you....and some of the techniques I used for the acrylic were painting the back solid so the intricacies popped, filling in between with some glitter, inked, painted around the edges....and speaking of the intricacies, you'll see that I outlined them so that they stood out too....and check out the way I stuck those Journal Bits in there too -- backing them with paper so they popped too. Thanks for letting me share with you!

<3, Shannon

7 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

I love how the blue POPS! This is a very pretty mini!

Tina said...

Simply gorgeous! The blue really pops and very appealing. A super pretty mini!!!

AmesOx said...

Beautiful, love the pops of blue!

Erica said...

This looks really cool! Great colors and great techniques. Thanks for sharing.

Truly Lori said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the way you backed the intracacies with the paper. I agree they really POP! Also love the pics you used. Beautiful eyes those kids have:)

kellyjean said...

Awesome, Shannon! Love how you backed it!

Carolyn Lontin said...

this is fabulous! I love the bright blue!