Monday, August 24, 2009

Back from a much needed Scrappin' Weekend:)

Hello All:) Lori, Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire here:) Whoo Hoo!

I'm SOOOO excited to share my first MOSD project with you all! I spent an awesome weekend at a Scrappin' event with fellow scrappin' committee members for a charity crop. I had a blast working with my MOSD products and couldn't wait to share these cards with you.

I made quite a few cards and these are a few of my favorites. I had a blast using the MOSD Slides. Using Staz On ink, I spruced them up with some stamps from my stash and added some MOSD ribbon (pink polk-a-dot and aqua). I also added some awesome MOSD flowers to the pink card.

I used scraps of pp from my stash (Basic Grey, My Mind's EYE) along with some Bazzill cardstock. Of course I had to paint the edges and used my Ranger Paint Dabbers to do that. The stamps I used are also from my stash.

In addition, the original project I made for this post is an acrylic/chipboard MOSD mini album.

After using Alcohol Inks on the acrylic cover, I then used Ranger Archival Ink with a swirl stamp to make the "resist" affect. When you use the Archival Ink over Alcohol Inks, you just need to wipe the archival ink away before it drys to get this effect.

The entire album can be viewed by clicking here.

Enjoy:)

Now off to create my next MOSD project...whoo hoo!

Lori McCausland
Frugal Scrapper Extraordinaire and Proud MOSD Design Team Member

6 comments:

Tina said...

Simply gorgeous! I love the cards. So happy and colorful!!! Love the mini album. Can't wait to see what more you come up with! :D

Gloria Stengel said...

Those cards are awesome! Great way to jazz up the slide mounts! Love the album too. Off to take a peek at the "guts." Glad you had a fun scrappy weekend! We'll have to do one together sometime when your schedule allows. Good luck with school - today was the big day, right? Nathan started this morning!

Carolyn Lontin said...

Love how you used the slides on the cards! Great work!

Erica said...

I like the tip about using Staz-On to stamp on the slides. Great way to incorporate them into your cards and have them coordinate.

kellyjean said...

So very talented you are!

AmesOx said...

Love Love the cards!! Absolutely stunning! And how you used those slide....just genius! I can not wait to see what you come up with next :-)