Monday, August 10, 2009

I {heart} Vintage

I've been creating mini albums. Lots of mini albums. I love using the Build-a-Book pages because I can mix and match the shapes to create "peek-a-boo" pages. For this "I Love Vintage" mini book, I used a different shape for each page. I put this book together in one evening - another reason to love mini albums!



You can see a little of what's on the next page to entice you to see more!


I designed each page to highlight a different vintage embellishment that I like to incorporate into my projects: ephemera, photos, ribbon and lace, flowers, buttons, and jewelry.




I used my ordinary scrapbook adhesives to adhere my paper and embellishments to the chipboard pages.

I bound the album using the brown spiral rings to match the aged and distressed look of my book. I tied ribbons onto the rings to add another embellishment to the front.

Make your own mini album about your favorite collection. But I warn you - once you get started, you'll be hooked!

~Erica

6 comments:

Dolores said...

Beautiful I love the colors!!

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea for a mini book! You did a great job!! ~Julz

Ann Arbogast said...

Gorgeous. I love vintage and I love mini albums.

Truly Lori said...

Erica,

I love this book. It's romantice, vintage, whimsical, musical...I could go on and on...I was also playing with the build-a-book pages and am inspired by your project:)

kellyjean said...

Very vintage! Very cool!

Gloria Stengel said...

Jaw dropping! I also love vintage but never thought to do a book about why I love it! This is amazing! I am in love with it!