Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How About a ittle Something...

Summer! (Because I DON'T want it to ever end!!! )




And Something Fall! {Because unfortunately its a few short weeks away! : ( }


So my summer project is a tag to put on you child with info in case they should get lost from you while at the pool or even any place they could get separated from you. I used the covers from the Petite Album to make the tag, I used Copic Markers to Color the Digital stamp from Cheeky Radish and on the back used DoodleBug run-ons to put the info. I glued it together with Zip Dry glue and there you have a quick and simple tag! One bit of advice though only glue one side at a time and make sure the glue is dry before you do the other side! OOPS!! The paper I used for this was Bella Blvd.


Next up for the Fall banner I used the Perfectly shaped home plate album, October Afternoon Home Town pp, Cheeky Radish digital image colored with Copic markers, stickles, Shimmerz, May Arts ribbon, DoodleBug rub-ons and some leaves I had received in a kit last year. Now I only needed 1 double sided piece of paper to cover the home plate pages I used both sides of 1 sheet and even had some paper left! I attached the paper to the pages with Zip Dry glue, finished the edges with Chocolate Shimmerz, then used my Cricut to cut out the letters out of 1 more piece of paper. I outlined the letters with Distressed Stickles. I cut a few pieces out of one more pieces of patterned paper and used the leaves to embellish the sign. I then used a small hole punch and lined up the pages to cut the holes and strung it all together with some ribbon. I now have this cute sign that can be hung on a door or in the house for Fall! ***One tip if you plan to have the sign used outside I would coat the sign with Mod Podge to protect the paper from the elements.
I hope you enjoyed these projects and I inspired you to grab some Midnight Oil products and create!
Have Fun!
TFL!
Valerie

7 comments:

Tina said...

I love the tag id!!! What a truly fantastic idea. And your fall banner is gorgeous!!! But let's enjoy what we have left of summer!!! LOL

Gloria Stengel said...

Love both projects! The banner is super!

kellyjean said...

All so very cute, Valerie!

AmesOx said...

Adorable projects! Love the banner...so cute!

Erica said...

That tag is such a clever idea!

Truly Lori said...

What cute projects! I love that tag idea and your banner for FALL is so cute! I'm sad that summer is ending, but Fall IS my favorite time of year:)

Carolyn Lontin said...

I LOVE LOVE that tag! brilliant!!