Friday, November 14, 2008

School Memories

I have to admit that I am terribly "behind" with scrapbooking my kids' school photos. Part of the issue is that they are homeschooled, so most of what we do is "family" stuff and not specifically "school." But, there are SOME school pages to be scrapped, and each of the three children DOES have a school album...so...I'm behind! So much so that I am currently scrapping my 8 year old son's preschool photos. He's in 3rd grade now!

I found these photos from Jonah's first year of preschool (2003-2004) and thought he was so CUTE back then. Notice his hair! He cut his own hair the night before Picture Day! (I scrapped the 8x10 portrait already - to better tell THAT story!) And yes, although we have homeschooled since 1999, I still sent THIS child out to preK for 2 years! The "hair cut story" is just the tip of the iceberg!

My inspiration for this layout was a Becky Fleck PageMap (pictured). The sketch is on Becky's Blog as a CK Call. I had thought to enter the contest, but failed to read the fine print which said it was for the May/June issue. A school layout is not appropriate for a spring issue! That's why you get to see the layout today!



To create the layout, I used part of the Edger from the School Days Collection. I cut it apart and only used about half if it. I inked it up to give it dimension, and then added some sticker numbers to the book spine for the date. I also used the transparency from the School Topper for my title. I also added some red and black Twirly Gigs around my journaling block (circle?).

Thanks for looking!

- Gloria

1 comment:

Marcie said...

Love this layout! The stickons & stacker look fabulous!