Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Holiday Wishes

I'm such a packrat--I've been trying to think of a scrappy way to save all the Christmas Cards from last year..so they have set in a pile on my kitchen desk area for a year. Yes, a whole year. Well I finally got some inspiration to create a Holiday Wishes Card holder album. It's super simple. I'll warn you now though the pics I took were not that great--we haven't seen the sun around here in a few days so the lighting isn't wonderful, but hopefully you'll get the idea even with the pic problems.

Holiday Wishes Card keeper Album

You'll need a 6x12 Big Boy album
Your fun favorite Christmas Patterned Paper stash
bull nose clips
ribbon, tulle, fabric
embellishments
adhesives

I'm a huge fan of daisy d's so all of my papers came from the Mistletoe collection from last year.
I covered each page of the album with patterned paper--sanded and inked the edges after they were covered. I decorated the front cover with the same patterned paper and the die cut's that were included in the Mistletoe Daisy D's paper crafting kit. I also used the treading water punch from Fiskars to make the scalloped edges. I Loooove this punch!
Once you have all the pages created--I chose not to embellish the interior pages--simply because they will have all the gorgeous Christmas Cards from 2007 tucked inside. I seperated my cards into categories, but you don't have too. Friends, family, coworkers, my daughters cards, etc. Then I started using the ribbon, fabric, tulle and clips to attach the cards to the front and back of each album page.
It went super fast and the great thing is the cards can be taken out in years to come to enjoy all over again since they aren't glued down!

It's a fun and fast project and a great way to keep those cards and memories of years past!



Edited to Add:
to attach the cards to each page I stacked the cards on the album page and wrapped ribbon around the entire page. This allowed me to hold cards on both sides of the album. On the pages that I used the bull nose clips from the office supply store, I took the cards and lined them up on the edge of the page or at the bottom of the page and clipped them on. Then I tied ribbon on the clip ends for decoration. I added ohter pics showing one with the ribbon ties






1 comment:

Sandy said...

First of all, I think this is fabulous. In reading the directions, I was trying to figure out how you attached the cards... can you please elaborate for those of us who wish to scraplift this lovely album? Thank you sooo much!