Saturday, January 10, 2009

I don't have any Stick On's to show you!!!

I love being the "Odd Ball"--- We'll finish off what turned into Stick - On week with something different--- Expressions Build A Book Letters...



Particularly a little tip on cutting out the letter middles.



Jan of Remember When Creations contacted me just after the New Year asking a GREAT question:




"What is your preferred or recommended way of trimming the insides of letters? "




Now - before you go all silly on me - yes, Jan knows how to weild a mighty x acto knife - she was wondering about DIFFERENT techniques I use when teaching and demo-ing with these awesome word books.

So here I have the letter D - I used my "special mix" of Tacky glue and water to adhere the paper to the front side of the D - then I flipped it over so I could work from behind.. The following picture tutorial should say it all!



So if you don't want to trim out the paper with an x acto- just fold over the edges for a clean gift wrapped finish, - GRIN!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a great tip! I never would have thought to do that!!

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

cool tip!

Gloria Stengel said...

oh duh! After all my years of book binding you'd think I'd have thought to do that! ROFL Great tip!

Tricia said...

great idea! Thanks for the tip!