Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Sneakie Peekie!

Well, it's Friday already! Have you enjoyed the sneak peeks this week? Are you excited about all the new MOSD products?! Well, the DT sure is! We've been loving working with the new stuff. I mean, who doesn't love new stuff?!

My peek today is another take on the new shaped pages. Instead of making an album out of my pages, I made this banner.


I covered each shaped page with printed paper, and then attached a glitter letter and some other goodies. (Would you believe these letters were SILVER when I started out? I painted them with green alcohol ink!)

Each panel is attached to the next panel with large eyelets. I also punched some flowers from printed paper and misted them with glimmer mist, then shaped them to give them dimension.

This is a frosted bird from Maya Road. I added an eye with black Stickles.


Isn't this Making Memories paper cute?!


My favorite part of this banner is this handmade flower. I cut a scalloped circle out of paper, using a Nestabilities die, and then sprayed it with glimmer mist. While it was still wet, I wadded it up and shaped it. When it was dry it had some nice dimension. (I got this idea from Leah Fung's blog.)


This butterfly is an Autumn Leaves stamp. I stamped it twice, then cut both images out. I sprayed them with glimmer mist also, and scrunched them up. (I used Staz-On ink so that the ink would not bleed or run when it got wet.) I attached the two butterflies together with pop-dots to give dimension.

I hope you liked my sneak peek!

- Gloria

1 comment:

silvia said...

Gorgeous Banner!!! I especially love the bird on the "P" and the butterfly on the "G".