Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Midweek Madness

I've been doing a lot of reflecting this week. You see, a scrapper I knew was killed in a car accident on her way to work. She was my age, 41, and had 2 kids ages 3 & 7.
Obviously, this is a tremendous tragedy for her family. Her children will grow up without their mom. As awful as this is, there is something positive to this story.
Through her pictures and pages, a part of her will remain alive. She created a legacy for her kids, who will be able to look back and see how much she loved them.
Are you in many pictures? Or are you like me, always the photographer? My husband occasionally offers to get my picture with the kids, but I usually decline, thinking I look too heavy or don't have make up on. So what's my message today? Get in the picture. Tell your stories. Don't worry if it isn't perfect. Oh, and give your family an extra hug and tell them you love them.

No comments: