Thursday, July 24, 2008

Unexpected items & we have a winner!




First I want to start off with the winner of the baseball products. Sorry it took me so long, I got a little sidetracked with CHA! So, the winner is...................................Melita!!! Email me your address at pompom1802@hotmail.com and I will get your baseball goodies in the mail to ya!




For my thoughts for today we are going to talk about using unexpected items on your acrylic albums, or layouts, for that special wow! factor. I have used clothing tags, ticket stubs, my children's artwork shrunk down to size, ads, and my favorite...paint chips! Yes, the little paint swatches you find at the hardware store. I love all the different colors, and the names can just be perfect for what you are working on! Here's an example of a Midnight Oil acrylic album I did using all shades of pink paint chips. Hope you like it and decide to use some yourself!




4 comments:

Alecia Wolfford said...

Woo-hoo, congrats Melita!!

melita said...

Oh my goodness! I am so excited!!!! Thank you so much! By the way, the album is wonderful and I have a stack of paint chips (as I am deciding what color to paint my kitchen!!)

Gloria Stengel said...

I take paint chips all the time. The Lowes people must think I am a professional painter! Paint chips are very fun to use.

Another tip is to write your journaling onto the large chips. Or to print journaling onto a transparency and place it over the paint chips. I love that look.

Christi said...

I love it Marcie! Now i have new ideas for my albums!!!