Monday, December 8, 2008

More Summer Inspiration

Wow, I just love Shannon's summer album below. So much to look at and what a wonderful keepsake.

I have some summer inspiration to share also. It was -8 degrees today in MA so I thought that it would be fitting to upload this layout I did using some great MOSD products and a summer photo of my youngest son, Grady.

I am totally in love with the MOSD orange diecut paper. When I opened my box of goodies I immediately ran to get this photo of Grady and some Fancy Pants: About A Boy Papers, you will totally see how well they fit together when you take a look below.

I also added in these other MOSD supplies: "Play" Topper, "Adventure" Monogram Overlay, Stick On Twirly Gigs, Black Stick On Journaling and the Clearly Cute- Petite Album cover and one page. How cute is that album...I could have a pile of them on my scrap table all the time.


















I wanted to try and use different MOSD supplies together. I tossed a pile on my table and just stared picking through what I had. I knew from the start that the orange diecut paper needed to be a focal point, and I think this layout really shows it off. Just perfect for a summer layout for sure.











I then took the cover and one page from the Clearly Cute album and covered a page, sanded it and then added a Stick On Journaling spot to the clear cover. Added a bit of text and a date, strung the album chain through the hole and I had a great three dimensional embellishment for my page. And I even have some other pieces from the album left to use in another project.


















I also like the overlay that came with the "A" Monogram. It worked well with some Karen Foster brads, some doodling around the edges and placed on top of the "Play" topper making this a neat part of my layout. I really love how all the different elements worked so well together.

I used a few other misc. supplies in this layout: sewing, sanding/distressing, black sharpie, HS chipboard letters and MM felt letters.

Thanks for taking a look. Hope you all have a super day...stay warm!

3 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Very cute page! Nice use of product! I'm sorry it's so cold where you are! My dh's family is in MA and CT...but out here in CA it's to be 61 today! (grin)

Suzy said...

Love this page! I'm a huge fan of orange. It's a very creative way to use the MOSD products together.

Marcie said...

Love how you used the products together! Great job!