Friday, December 5, 2008

Let's Decorate!

This week at our house is our traditional "decorating week." We put the lights up on the outside of the house, decorate the tree and the inside of the house, and generally make things look festive. I really enjoy handmade items - a holdover from when I was a kid and we had very little money, so we made lots of stuff - everything from stringing cranberries and popcorn to making paper chains to salt dough ornaments!

I don't get quite so frugal with my decor as we did when I was a child, but I do enjoy making things for the house. When I saw these Cosmo Cricket chipboard snowmen and papers, I decided to make a little wall hanging for my powder room. This is a 6x6 size, but you could go larger or smaller.



Supplies Needed:


MOSD Clear Acrylic panel - I used the front cover of the Cover to Cover Tabbed Album, but turned it sideways so the holes are at the top of the panel

White paint or craft ink - to edge the panel and to stamp the images

Christmas stamp - I used one made by Inkadinkado

Chipboard embellishments - I used the Cosmo Cricket snowman

Decorative paper (to cover up the naked snowman!) - Cosmo Cricket - even the saying is cut from a Cosmo Cricket Strip Tease sheet

Black mini brads - for the Snowman's eyes

Christmas ribbon - I used some printed twill

Here is another view with a red background.


You can also see that I "roughed" Frosty up a bit with sandpaper and edged him with some brown ink, to make him look old. It goes with the style of papers I chose. Thanks for looking!

- Gloria

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Gloria, that is just darling! Love it!