Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happy Columbus Day!

Hello everybody!! Vicki here! This month we are in an attempt to celebrate "obscure" or even some not so obscure holidays!

So Christopher Columbus discovered America! I discovered ORGANIZATION...or rather, my lack thereof! So I created this project:


(I apologize for the photo - I will just say that acrylic is not easy to photograph....)

I used the coversets for the Big Boy albums to make each person their own "space". Each person can leave their own message for whomever, simply by writing on that person's board!

The artwork at each end is done digitally and I have each one saved....here is a copy of mine so you can see it:


Now this one was created at a size of 11 x 4.25 - half a sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper. You could just as easily use regular scrapbook paper and your die cutting machine to create and obviously embellish anyway you want.

Believe it or not - my nameplates are only held on with regular scotch tape! I did this so that I could easily change them. This one is relatively generic, but you can change at holidays or seasons, because they will change out that easy. My other thought was to just die cut letters and adhere them permanently straight onto the acrylic coversets! I also intend to ribbon the rings in between each board, however, I was not planning ahead (BAD VICKI!!) so it wasn't all color coordinated! It will be next time...maybe in December I can show you my Christmas version!

And that's all for me....now go DISCOVER some organization of your own!

6 comments:

Gloria Stengel said...

Very unique! Love the digi tabs. Those are very cool - Dark side stuff...but cool. hee hee

kellyjean said...

AWE-SOME, Vicki!!! I like that it is not color coordinated. This way you can match the title to the person's personality. Very fun project!

AmesOx said...

This is such a wonderful project Vicki! I just LOVE it...and your name plates are so darn cute too!

Carolyn Lontin said...

Very cool!! I love this idea!

Erica said...

Very cool! Great idea to give everyone their own "space."

Truly Lori said...

What a great functional project:) Everyone can use a message board like this!