Hello Everyone! It's Naureen with a fun Thanksgiving project. Well Thanksgiving is approaching quickly and I am starting to get organized, because I have lots of family coming to town. One of the things I love to do for my family is make place cards for the table. Usually I try to make some sort of turkey and this year I made a cute and fun turkey using the MOSD shaped cardstock pages. This was a really fun and easy project to do. This turkey is my prototype per say, but I hope to make a few more using some of the other shaped pages.
I usually don't measure when doing projects but here are some briefy directiosn to help you create your own turkey.
- MOSD Shaped Cardstock Pages (Scallop)
- 5 Sheets of Fall Colored Cardstock
- Brown Paint
- Glimmer Mist
- Brown Ink
- Circle Cutter
- First you need to pain the scalloped cardstock brown and spray with Glimmer Mist.
- After the Glimmer Mist has tried, fold the scallop in half.
- Cut the turkey's body using a circle cutter. The body is 3 1/2 inches and the head is 1 1/2 inches. Ink the edges.
- For the feathers cut 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch squares. Flod in half and freehand cut the feather shape. Ink the edges and the fold.
- Glue the circles to the scallop one on top of the other.
- Glue the feathers behind the circles.
- To clean up the back and make it look neat, I cut another circle and place it over the feathers in the back of the turkey.
- Glue on rhinestones for the eyes.
- Cut a small heart for the mouth.
- You may write your names on or die cut the letters.