Friday, March 20, 2009

Altered Art Journal

A number of years ago, I took an altered art journal class. I've since lost the journal (or given it away), but I remember how much fun it was to make. I have wanted to make another one for a while now, and my Cuttlebug Challenge on Crop Stop this week got me working on some altered art, which got me thinking. I thought, why not use a MOSD Hip 2 Be Squared album and make another journal? And that's exactly what I did! Check it out!

I used two shades of green alcohol inks to color the front acrylic cover. Then I added my altered art piece to the cover. Each of the 6 Hip 2 Be Squared chipboard pages is a "chapter" heading. I then added 5-6 blank 6x6 sheets of heavy cardstock between each "chapter" for my journaling and artsy musings. I bound the whole thing with my Bind-it-All tool.

This is one of the chapter headings - Sketches. Each chapter heading has an altered tag art attached. This is the one I made for the Crop Stop Challenge see how I used the Cuttlebug Embossing Folder on the Grunge Board hinge?!

Here is another chapter tag. This time I stamped on the Grunge Board butterfly. Very cool, right? Below are a few more chapter headings.



Below are a few of the journal pages. Besides being a place to journal, these pages are for trying out different art techniques. It's a place to play and be creative.



I hope you enjoyed looking at my altered journal. Have a great weekend!

- Gloria

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely stunning and inspiring!

Erica said...

This is so awesome! It has inspired me to try making some tags to use for something later. Great job!