Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Cherish...

What do you CHERISH?
Memorial Day got me to thinkin'...
and I truly CHERISH the men and women
who put their life on the line each and every day
to allow me and others to have my freedom.
From the bottom of my heart,
THANK YOU!
*
This sun catcher was so fun and easy to create.
Here's how you can do the same using the
fantastic products from
MIDNIGHT OIL SCRAPBOOK DESIGNS...
Using the FLIPPED OUT ALBUM,
I trimmed one of the smallest acrylic pieces to a perfect square.
With a bit of tissue paper and
waterbase sealer (such as Mod Podge,)
create a stained glass look to one side of your square
using the "mosaic technique."
1.  Apply sealer to square first.
2.  Quickly but carefully layer torn pieces of tissue paper.
3.  Apply sealer over torn pieces of tissue.
*
Add decorative elements to the FRONT of your square.
I used the STARS INTRICACIES from MOSD
just above my childrens' photos.
*
Using a heavy duty punch tool (such as the Cropadile,)
punch a hole in each corner of the square.
Add beading wire (I used 22 gauge) and beads.
*
This would be a super fun project for any age.
Create cherished summer memories!
Let MOSD help you.
Check out the Retail Locator section here on the blog.

2 comments:

Erica said...

How clever! What a wonderful project idea. Thanks for sharing!

AmesOx said...

What a wonderful idea! I can see one of these (or more than one) hanging up for our 4th of July celebration!!!! Thanks for the awesome idea!