Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Circle Explosion MOSD style!

Hello bloggy friends! It's Amy here with today MOSD post. This month here at MOSD we are celebrating National Craft Month and creating projects that we love, using products that we love. That being Midnight Oil Scrapbook Designs lovely products of course!! This month I wanted to focus on circles, just circles. This is something that I would never had attempted in the past, but once I saw this fabulous Circle Intricacy I knew exactly what I wanted to do. I filled in all the circle cut outs with patterned papers to add some more visual interest and then mounted the entire 11x11 Intricasy onto Kraft cardstock. I like that by outlining the Intricasy it allows it to 'pop' right off the bg!

The big circle is a MOSD Perfectly Shaped - Circle. It's made of chipboard and is 6in in diameter. The perfect size!! I covered it in a book page by using a Spray Adhesive and trimming off the excess paper with my Xacto knife. This has come to be one of my favorite ways to cover chipboard. Another thing that I love is the MOSD Journal bits. I used one in black by simply applying it on the green cardstock. These journal spots are fabulous. They add that special touch to your journaling (not to mention make you write in a straight line, which is always a problem for me!!)

Thanks for joining me today in my Circle Explosion project, which I think might now be a Circle Obsession! Please keep checking back to see what else the MOSD DT has up their sleeves! I hope you all are having a lovely week!

Amy

1 comment:

Erica@ZunkyChic said...

Amy - this looks so cool!!! Love all the patterns. How did you outline that intricacy so perfectly?